A journey back to nature
An experience that will make you no longer want to sleep in a hotel room. This is a green story about wellness in a miniature landscape park in the direct vicinity of the famous Lake Bled, where you can connect with nature, with yourself, and with your loved ones.
May the primeval environment of an eco village take your breath away
Unique architecture has transformed the former gardener into a unique ecological village with its own gardens with vegetables, fruits and herbs. Taste local dishes at the Vrtnarija Restaurant, where grass grows on tables and a stream flows through the restaurant. This is just a stone’s throw away from Lake Bled, a green tourist and natural attraction of Slovenian tourism.
Sleep in wooden tree houses furnished with a bathroom and toilet, enjoy a sauna shaped like a bird's nest, or stay in glamorous tents with a wooden bath tub. You will be reminded why it’s worth planting your own vegetables and why an evening of enjoying local cuisine by an open fire pit with a glass of wine in hand can be an unforgettable experience.
Perhaps you didn’t know…
Lake Bled, a tourist gem of global dimensions on the edge of the Triglav National Park, was nominated one of the seven new wonders of the world.
The self-sufficient eco village Garden Village Bled was developed on 8000 m2 of a derelict Bled garden centre, just a stone’s throw away from Tito’s villa.
This glamping location is a starting point for visiting numerous vantage points. One of the most beautiful views of Lake Bled is from the 611-metre Ojstrica Hill rising above the western lake shore of Lake Bled.
Course of the experience:
- Check-in at the reception.
- A walk through the Vrtnarija Restaurant where grass grows on tables, a stream flows through the restaurant, and numerous edible and medicinal plants grow in wooden troughs.
- A welcome on the terrace with locally produced house juice and home-made snack.
- Presentation of functional architecture and a walk through the self-sufficient Garden Village.
- During your stay, you can visit the gardens and pick fruit and vegetables yourself – or you can join the gardener, which will make picking a true educational experience.
- The terrace of the Vrtnarija Restaurant offers a view of the biotope. You can get warm in a sauna shaped like a bird's nest or enjoy an expert massage. In the evening, make sure to enjoy yourself by the open fire pit. There is also a playground for children with wooden playground equipment.
- Upon request, short trips to the surrounding area of Bled, Bohinj, and to the Ročnjek tourist farm in the Triglav National Park can be organised for you.
Schedule: Garden Village Resort is open all year round (Restaurant Vrtnarija and apartments), while other accommodations are available from 1 April to 15 November.
Location: Garden Village, Cesta gorenjskega odreda 16, 4260 Bled.
Price: EUR 360 for renting a tree house for a night; this includes:
- overnight stay and buffet-style breakfast,
- 24-hour reception,
- optional fruit, vegetables, and herb picking,
- basic knowledge for growing your own vegetables,
- bicycle rental,
- the use of playground equipment for children and an open fire pit.
Spend a night in a wooden tree house
Experience an eco village, vegetable gardens, orchards, the biotope, and the Vrtnarija Restaurant where grass grows on tables and a stream flows through the restaurant.