Slovenian Tourist Board
The Slovenian Tourist Board (STB) is a national tourist board that plans and carries out the marketing of Slovenia’s comprehensive tourist offer in foreign markets and ensures the sustainable development of Slovenian tourism.
By way of innovative content marketing, the I feel Slovenia brand, and the stories of Slovenian tourism, the Board’s activities are focused on increasing Slovenia’s recognisability as a tourist destination and on promoting the marketing of innovative tourist products with added value, which are based on the principles of sustainable development.
Slovenia - green and boutique destination
We are making efforts to help Slovenia become recognisable as a green boutique global destination for high-end visitors seeking diverse and active five star experiences.
Our key goals for 2018/2019
The 2018/2019 Work Programme of the Slovenian Tourist Board is based on strategic development and marketing guidelines that are proposed by the new 2017–2021 Strategy for the Sustainable Growth of Slovenian Tourism.
The key objectives are:
- Increasing Slovenia’s recognisability and image as a tourist destination under the brand I feel Slovenia.
- Sustainable growth by increasing arrivals and overnight stays throughout the year (365 days of Slovenian tourism).
- Geographic dispersion of flows across Slovenia – also with the support of implementing the concept of four macro destinations.
- Increasing consumption by extending the average duration of stay and consumption, and strengthening products with higher added value.
- Focusing on high-end visitors seeking high-quality, diverse, and active experiences, peace, and personal benefits.
Slovenia is the winner of the National Geographic World Legacy Awards
In 2017, Slovenia was declared the winner of a World Legacy Award from the National Geographic Society, which is given to companies, organisations or destinations encouraging sustainable tourism. Slovenia won in the Destination Leadership segment.
Would you like to know more about us and our work?
Contact us, read more about our plans and strategies in key documents, monitor the latest Slovenian and European calls for applications in tourism, and check whether we are looking for new team members.