GREEN&SAFE – Commitment to responsible, green and safe tourism
GREEN&SAFE - Commitment to responsible, green and safe tourism in Slovenia
At this time of uncertainty due to the emergence of the novel coronavirus, success in the tourism industry depends on guests' trust in being able to spend holidays in Slovenia without compromising their health and safety. The changes caused by the pandemic have now made it even more important than ever that tourist destinations and tourist service providers should be able to preserve, through unified action and mutual cooperation, all that we have so far achieved through joint efforts in Slovenian tourism.
We maintain and increase trust in the "I feel Slovenia" brand by establishing responsible travel standards in tourism. We have joined them into the new GREEN&SAFE label to designate and highlight superior hygiene standards and protocols, and sustainable recommendations for tourist service providers and destinations. Through activities based on safety, responsibility and sustainability, we increase our guests' trust in Slovenia as a green and safe tourist destination.
LET OUR EXEMPLARY BEHAVIOUR HELP OUR GUESTS CHOOSE THEIR BEST HOLIDAYS IN SLOVENIA!
The manual "Responsible Travel Standards in Slovenian Tourism"
In planning and tackling new challenges, we can help ourselves with the content, solutions, and tools provided by the Manual on responsible travel standards in Slovenian tourism. The manual provides information on:
hygiene standards, measures and recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health that are applicable to the tourism industry in Slovenia;
opportunities that Slovenia, as an already well-established green, active and healthy destination, can provide at a time when tourists around the world are paying special attention to the choice of safer, customised and boutique tourist accommodations, programmes and experiences;
communication tools that under the general promise of Slovenia as a green and safe country highlight 10 key content areas that can also be used in your communications.
You are worthy of your guests' trust. So let them know!
Using the label and content of the Green&Safe communication platform, let your guests know that Slovenia is a green and safe country. Add this emphasis to your existing means of communication, which the new label in no way replaces. Use it when highlighting content related to a high level of safety (hygiene standards and protocols) and sustainability in Slovenia's tourism.
- Put the label of responsible travel standards Green&Safe on your website and create a link to www.slovenia.info/green&safe. Presentation content is available there in seven languages. Include the links in your newsletters which should contain topics on compliance with all relevant measures at your destination or location.
- Use important communication content available in the Responsible Travel Standards Handbook or create your own safety and sustainability content based on it. Together with the Green&Safe label, include this content in all your means of communication – leaflets, brochures, online and electronic communication.
- Equip your locations with appropriate hygiene reminders. Equip ready-made versions of posters in Slovenian, English, German and Italian with your own logos.
- Upon their arrival, provide your guests with the most important instructions regarding hygiene requirements and measures to ensure their safety. Equip the ready-made version of the leaflet in Slovenian, English, German and Italian with your own logos.
- Use content on safety and sustainability in communication on social networks and add the hashtags #IfeelsLOVEnia and #mojaslovenija for communication in Slovene and #myway for communication in foreign languages.
Let's help ourselves with ready-made communication solutions
The only condition for using the solutions available at the links below is your compliance with the hygiene recommendations, standards and measures issued by the National Institute of Public Health. Let's observe superior hygiene and safety standards and thus show our guests that we are a green and safe tourist destination. Feel free to complement all ready-made solutions with your own logos.
Sustainable business opportunities in tourism
Now is the time to find the right opportunity to develop and strengthen existing practices and introduce new sustainable ones, and to proudly present our tourist services within the already well-established patterns of green, active and healthy Slovenia! The tourism of the future is based on responsibility and safety, a healthy lifestyle and sustainable development, as well as on principles and practices that are also embedded in the strategy of Slovenian tourism development. We connect them with new models of business, digitalisation, and efficiency that can respond flexibly to tourists’ changed needs and wishes.
Now it's time for:
- a green scheme of Slovenian tourism
- green supply chains
- sustainable tourist experiences
- the acquisition of new knowledge
- ensuring safety, and
- coordinated marketing activities and networking.
Hygiene recommendations for the implementation of tourist and hospitality activities
Tourist and hospitality providers should follow recommendations and implement measures that are relevant for the type and scope of activities they are involved in. With the emergence of the novel coronavirus, we need to take into account the changes in our behaviour and respect the adjustments introduced by tourist services and other providers wherever we meet and socialise.
For better understanding and continuous informing of both staff and guests, we advise you to place brief instructions for preventive protective behaviour in several prominent places, and always at the entry or immediately after the entry into facilities or parks. We invite you to use the GREEN&SAFE pictograms, leaflets and posters, presented in the first paragraph.
Follow current recommendations
The National Institute of Public Health regularly updates the hygienic recommendations with new findings regarding the SARS-CoV-2 virus and according to the development of the epidemiological situation in the Republic of Slovenia. Recommendations may be amended and updated so follow and observe current information, instructions and recommendations upon gradual easing of measures, including other activities, which are available at www.nijz.si.
Slovenia received the Safe Travels Stamp
Slovenia is one of the first countries in the world to receive the Safe Travels Stamp from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). It approves that Slovenian's health and hygiene standards, that are included in the Responsible travel standards of Slovenian Tourism GREEN&SAFE label, are consistent with global health and hygiene protocols for experiencing safe travel.