- About us
Your personal data controller is the Slovenian Tourist Board, Dimičeva ulica 13, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. It processes your data pursuant to the applicable legislation governing personal data protection. By taking proper measures, it ensures that unauthorised persons do not access personal data, it protects its confidentiality and integrity, and it prevents its loss or unintentional destruction throughout the entire time of being processed.
- What is personal information?
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify you as an individual, whereby “indirectly” means in combination with other information, e.g. your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or a special identifier.
- Purposes and grounds for data processing
The Slovenian Tourist Board collects and processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- the law and contractual relationships,
- consent, and
- legitimate interest.
On the basis of the consents, it will use your personal data for the purposes defined below and in accordance with your specific consent. It only collects as much personal data and only the personal data that is required to fulfil a particular purpose, namely:
- sending electronic notices, news, stories, newsletters, etc.,
- cooperating at business events organised or co-organised by the Slovenian Tourist Board, keeping records on the participants of such business events, and publishing contact information in the catalogue of participants,
- keeping records on the media interested in making a study visit to Slovenia,
- enabling access to the media library,
- enabling the submission of tourist packages on the basis of an open call for participation of the Slovenian Tourist Board,
- participating in prize competitions,
- segmentation of the visitors to the website www.slovenia.info and recipients of electronic notices, news, stories, newsletters for providing the content that is the closest to the interests and preferences of individual online users,
- displaying ads on topics in which online users have already shown interest beforehand (re-marketing),
- cookies for activities on the website www.slovenia.info,, used by the Slovenian Tourist Board to ensure a better user experience for the website’s users in the future. Some cookies allow us to sample and segment visitors, thus providing contents that are the closest to the interests and preferences of individual online users.
- data that is automatically collected by the website’s analytics,
Your personal data will be used for the purpose defined below on the basis of legitimate interest. It only collects as much personal data and only the personal data that is required to fulfil a particular purpose, namely:
- sending electronic notices, news, newsletters, press releases, press conference announcements, etc. to the media and the press.
- Contractual personal data processing
The contractual processors with whom the Slovenian Tourist Board cooperates are:
- providers of hotel and transportation services, tour guides, business event organisers and co-organisers;
- data processing and analytics providers;
- IT system maintainers;
- providers of e-mail sending and marketing automation tools;
- providers of customer relation management systems;
- providers of web advertising solutions;
- law firms and other legal counsel providers.
The Slovenian Tourist Board shall not forward your personal data to unauthorised third persons.
The contractual processors may only process personal data in accordance with the instructions of the Slovenian Tourist Board, and they shall not use personal data to fulfil any of their own interests.
- Cross-border flows of personal data
In special circumstances, the Slovenian Tourist Board will be able to transfer your personal data into countries outside of the European Union/European Economic Area (EEA). Such transfers into third countries may refer to all processing activities described in section 3.
The Data Protection Act and other laws in countries outside of the European Economic Area, to which your data may be transferred, might not ensure such a high level of data protection as the laws in your country. We will take measures that are in accordance with the applicable legislation and are suitable for ensuring that your personal data remains protected. Such measures include the application of standard contractual clauses for protecting the flow of data outside of the EEA.
The Slovenian Tourist Board has a very serious approach to data security. It uses a suitable level of protection and it has established reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures by way of which it protects the collected data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
- Your legal rights
As the person to whom the personal data refers, you have certain rights in relation to the personal data collected about you by the Slovenian Tourist Board. The following list contains information on your rights that stem from applicable data protection laws:
- Right to withdraw consent: If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time. You may withdraw the consent in the same way as you provided it (e.g. electronically).
- Right to access: you may request that the Slovenian Tourist Board provide you with information on personal data that it stores about you, including information on which types of your personal data are stored, what this data is used for, where it is collected if not directly from you, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable, the period of storing your personal data, what your rights are related to your personal data, and information on the potential existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) and the reasons for such decision-making and the foreseen consequences of such processing for you.
- Right of rectification: You may request that the Slovenian Tourist Board rectify any incorrect personal data pertaining to you that it holds.
- Right to restrict: You may request that the Slovenian Tourist Board restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- o you challenge the accuracy of your personal data, namely with regard to the period which the Slovenian Tourist Board requires to verify the accuracy of the data,
- o the processing is unlawful and you require a restriction of processing rather than the deletion of your personal data,
- o the Slovenian Tourist Board no longer requires your data, but must keep it to enforce, implement, or defend your legal claims,
- o you object to the processing while the Slovenian Tourist Board verifies whether its legal basis predominates over yours.
- Right to data portability: At your request, the Slovenian Tourist Board will, if technically feasible, transfer your personal data to another data controller if the processing is based on your consent or if it is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement, and if the processing is carried out using automated means.
- Right to object: if the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement, and if the processing is carried out using automated means, you may object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your special position. When your data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purposes of such marketing, including profiling. Furthermore, you have the right to object for any reasons related to your special position to the processing of personal data with regard to these reasons when personal data is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes, except if the processing is required to perform a task that is carried out in the public interest.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: you have the right to request from the Slovenian Tourist Board that a decision based only on the automated processing of your personal data not apply to you if such a decision produces legal effects for you or significantly affects you.
- The right to submit complaints: In the event of an alleged violation of applicable privacy laws, you may file a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for data protection in your country of residence or in the location where the alleged violation occurred.
- Right to erasure: You may request that the Slovenian Tourist Board erase your personal data if:
- o the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed,
- o the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw this consent, and there is no other legal basis for processing,
- o the processing is based on your consent and you object to such processing, and there is no other legal basis for processing,
- o the personal data was processed unlawfully,
- o this is necessary in order to fulfil statutory obligations,
- o the personal data was collected in connection with offering information society services directly to a child. The processing of the personal data of a child is lawful if the child is at least 16 years of age. If a child is younger than 16, such processing is only lawful if the child’s parent or guardian provides authorisation or approval on behalf of the child.
You may review, edit, or correct the consents for the processing of your personal data provided to the Slovenian Tourist Board as well as your personal data on the website for reviewing and editing personal data and consents (the GDPR website of the Slovenian Tourist Board) on the following link https://gdprportal.slovenia.info.
The Slovenian Tourist Board has a data protection officer. You can contact the data protection officers with regard to any questions relating to the processing of your personal data and the enforcement of your rights on the basis of valid regulations governing personal data protection. The contact information can be found at the end of this document.
The Slovenian Tourist Board will answer your request at the latest within one month after receiving the request.
- Personal data retention
The Slovenian Tourist Board may retain your personal data in accordance with the following principles:
- as required by law, an agreement, or our legal obligations; or
- as long as this is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and for being processed, or longer if so required by any agreement or applicable legislation, or for statistical purposes, taking into consideration suitable security measures,
- until the consent for the processing of personal data for a specific purpose is cancelled.
Any amendments to the personal data policy of the Slovenian Tourist Board will be published on the website www.slovenia.info.
You may address any questions related to data protection and any requests to enforce your statutory rights to:
the Slovenian Tourist Board, Dimičeva ulica 13, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
phone no.: +386 (0)1 5898 550
All requests will be provided to the data protection officer.
Published: June 2018