Cerkljanski Lavfarji are without a doubt the most famous masks in Slovenia. Speciality of the mask are faces – wooden mask made from linden tree. The main character of Cerkljanska Laufarija is so called pust, representing the winter and is also guilty for all bad, stupid or irrational that happened in the previous year in Cerkno and its neighbourhood. The carnival round starts on Sunday and ends on Shrove Tuesday, when pust is convicted and the dancing for fat turnip follows.
• Lodging with half board or lunch/supper on the following tourist farms:Želinc
in Straža, Pri Flandru
in Zakojca, Pr' Mark
in Črni vrh nad Idrijo, Na Kanomeljskem Razpotju in Sr. Kanomlja, Pri belem kamnu
in Sr. Kanomlja, Za robom in Gorenji Novaki and Grapar
in Planina pri Cerknem, where you could taste appetizing local dishes, if pre-arranged.
• Carnival dishes and other selected local dishes may also be tasted on the following excursion tourist farms: Pr' Jureč
in Ledine pri Sp. Idriji, Žerovc
in Gorenja Trebuša, Petrič in Sp. Kanomlja and Likar in Vojsko, if pre-arranged.
• Procession of Lavfarji through the streets
• Presentation of the Lavfarji family
• Carnival conviction with the Emperor-King’s court of justice (Cesarska kraljeva sodnija)
• Carnival merrymaking
• Buying of even in place named Cignc
• Procession of Lavfarji trough the streets
• The conviction of Pust and the execution