Church of St. Nicholas, Nanos, Vipava valley
Nanos, 5271 Vipava
The church lies on the south slope of Mt Nanos
. It was built at the beginning of the 17th century, which can be seen from the year 1608 carved into the Late Gothic stone entrance. It was renovated between 1991 and 1993.It takes approximately one hour to get from Gradišče at Vipava
to the church.
The church was exposed to thefts, destruction and gradual decay. The roof is now covered with stone tiles. Inside the church, a visitor can admire the beautiful architecture of the original altar, which was renovated so well it still has its primary image. Inside the altar niche a statue depicting St Nicholas wearing a bishop’s vestments and 2 children with presents is placed.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Fax : +386 5 368 70 41
Web site : www.vipavska-dolina.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8195
GPS Easting (E) : 13,982