The Cherry Festival in Brda is the biggest and most widely known cultural and tourist event in Brda, dedicated to the delicious local fruit and attracting more than 30.000 visitors from Slovenia, Italy and Austria every year. The program of the festival is rich and varied, covering ethnological and cultural events, entertainment and commercial activities.
• The traditional program of the festival: parade, Queen of Cherries contest, bicycle marathon and hike in the Brda hills.
• There is also a rich program of accompanying events: sports tournaments, competitions, exhibitions, raffle, program for children and fun games.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Štekar
in Breg pri Golem Brdu andBelica
, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms as well: Pri Rjavčevih
in Šempas, Pri Mirjam
in Višnjevik, Vedrijan
in Vedrijan and Toroš
in Plešivo; by previous arrangement.
• You can find the detailed program of events on the website of Agencija JOTA.