The church stands behind low wall and has an older, Roman design. It has a medieval nave and cross-rib arched presbytery built around 1400 with a typical three-sided finish. Its tower is Baroque. On outer facade are residues of frescos.
Church interior is one of the best preserved medieval ambients in Slovenia. Frescos on a painted triumphal arch and in presbytery were probably made by the Friulian workshop. They were painted after 1415. On the right side of triumphal arch is an icon of St George fighting with a dragon, while the other side presents stories of St Leonard releasing prisoners, and St Nicholas bearing gifts to poor brides. The painted wooden ceiling is divided into 30 fields decorated by the same number of figural images made around 1470 – 1480 by a master from Senično. Gilt altars from 1675 are typical carving works of the Carniolan workshop.
Dvorski trg 3
Tel. : ++386 5 914 88 46
Web site : http://www.preddvor-tourism.si/
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2896
GPS Easting (E) : 14,4181