The little church in the village of Soča
was built as early as 1718
and was consecrated in 1823
Additional construction was completed in 1893
In 1944 it was entirely redesigned and repainted by Tone Kralj
He applied oil paints with some amount of pure bee’s wax on old plaster, marble slabs, wood and canvas.
With symbols he modernized Biblical scenes in his particular style.
This is particularly evident in scenes depicting the Stations of the Cross
and the struggle of Archangel Michael with Satan
, where the foes of civilisation (Hitler and Mussolini) are depicted as God’s foes.
The interior of the church was designed by the painter in the colours of the Slovenian flag
, and on the walls, except for the apostles and evangelists, he placed Slavic saints
Free of charge
Access for invalids
GPS Northing (N) : 46,3423
GPS Easting (E) : 13,6673