: Muzej OrmožAddress
: Grad 9 2274 Velika NedeljaPhone
: ++386 2 741 72 80, ++386 2 741 72 90e-mail
: www.pmpo.si, www.ormoz.net
In the second half of the 13th century the castle was built by the German knight's order first mentioned in 1273. By the end of WWII it was the property of chivalric command post. Nowadays, the beautifully renovated castle houses apartments, a smaller museum collection and an archive. Between the years 1610 and 1612, the original building was thoroughly rebuilt by the chief of the chivalry order Markvard Eckh, however, in the first half of the 18th century the castle was again rebuilt in the baroque style. From that time originates the present image of Velika Nedelja, a quadruple two-storey scheme with round corner towers. From the castle chapel originate famous sculptures of St. Katharine, St. Barbara and the Compassionate from the first quarter of the 15th century which currently enrich the collection of the Ptuj Regional Museum (Pokrajinski muzej Ptuj). The ethnological collection is open during the week from 9.00 until 15.00, and on Saturdays from 9.00 until 14.00. Visits outside that schedule are possible by prior arrangement.