The village lies by the road leading from Gračišče towards Buzet in Croatia. The village is first mentioned by written sources as early as in 1028 under the names of St. Siro, St. Sirico, St. Quirico or St. Quiricus. The historical sights of Sočerga include the remains of a prehistoric fort and the cemetery Church of St. Quiricus with a tower; covered with stone plates, the latter has foundations from the 11th
Sočerga is also interesting because of its Karst phenomena, resulting from the specific structure of the ground and water activity. The play of nature brought about natural sights like uniquely shaped rock shelters (also known as “the ears of Istria”), a natural bridge, stones resembling sculptures and Veli Vir waterfall; 8m high, it runs into a pool of emerald green colour.
Especially worth visiting are the rock shelters, amazing natural sights interesting Europe-wide; located under them is the St. Quiricus cave, of more than 40m in length.