The Park of Military History Pivka is a museum and experience center providing its visitors with a unique insight into the rich military and historical heritage of this strategically very important part of Slovenia. The Park hosts one of the biggest tank-artillery collection in this part of Europe. Aside from the tanks, field guns and other armored vehicles from the second half of the 20th century, we also put on display a collection of the military aircrafts together with the helicopter Gazelle T0-001 Velenje, which supplement the museum contents. Nevertheless, the most attractive exhibit piece for our visitors is still the sabotage submarine P-913 Zeta, since they can also see its interior and experience the secret world of the submariners. With its exhibition The Road to Independence, the Park of Military History was also the first to chronologically and systematicly display the process of gaining independence in the Republic of Slovenia and the break-up of the former Yugoslavia. This topic is also illustrated with the display of armored and other vehicles that participated in the Slovenian war for independence in 1991.
- JULY, AUGUST: every day from 10 am till 18 pm
- MAY, JUNE, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER: from Monday to Friday: from 10 am till 16 pm; Saturday, Sunday, holidays and during school holidays: from 10 am till 18 pm
- JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH, APRIL, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER: Saturday, Sunday, holidays and during school holidays: from 10 am till 16 pm
- Closed: January 1st, December 25th.
- A special visit can be arranged for organized groups.