• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the tourist farm Žigon
in Grčarevec near Logatec, where you can taste delicious local dishes, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms: Šinkovc
in Medvedje Brdo near Rovte, Kisovc in Petkovec near Rovte (Marta Treven - +386 41 560 427), Tumle
in Žbirše near Logatec and Urbanovc in Ravnik near Hotedršica, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy herbal products and visit the Matužin farm in Vrhnika, which specializes in growing herbs; by previous arrangement.
• The Military Museum in Logatec
is the youngest museum of its kind in Slovenia, but it stands out for its rich collections. A special feature of the museum is its collection of more than 2800 decorations from around the world.
• Visit the pottery workshop on the Tršar farm in Laze, where you can take part in a pottery and ceramic workshop led by Ms. Nataša Prestor; by previous arrangement;
The accomplished potter and ceramist Ms. Nataša Prestor continues the tradition of Slovenian potters and looks for inspiration in the Slovenian folk tradition, beehive panels, different traditional motifs and images, local customs...
• Take the forest educational trail in Kališe near Grčarevec.
• If you like mountain biking, you’ll enjoy the Logatec Bike Transversal, which runs on various forest roads and tracks as well as on local roads with little traffic. It consists of six sections with a total length of 91 km.
• The hill Sekirica, with its ski jumps and tows, is an attractive recreational area in winter; you can also skate on the nearby frozen pond.
• Relax on Kalič: in winter you can ski on slopes of various difficulty, and from spring to autumn there are many possibilities for walking and hiking, hunting, cycling, as well as picking berries and mushrooms.
• There are numerous possibilities for hiking on theme trails
(Notranjska circular hiking trail, Geological trail, European Hiking Trail, Speleological transversal and Laze – Pokojišče speleological trail, and there is also the circular Logatec hiking trail), since there are many trails in the area around Logatec. Along the way you can restore your strength in mountain huts Vrh nad Rovtami
and Novi Svet.
• Gregory’s Fair in Logatec, March:
The traditional Gregory’s Fair takes place on the streets of Logatec on the Saturday in March that comes closest to St. Gregory’s Day on 12 March. Apart from stalls offering different seeds, plants, woodenware and other products, there are also various exhibitions and tastings.
• Farmers’ Festival in Medvedje Brdo, August
During this festival there are competitions in different kinds of farm work, accompanied by concerts and presentations of local societies.