• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Arkade
in Črniče, Na hribu
in Slap, Ferjančič
in Gradišče pri Vipavi, Birsa
in Brje and Abram
on the Nanos plateau, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• Possibility of camping in farm-camp Lijak
in Ozeljan near Šempas, where you can also taste excellent Vipava wines and, for caravans, also at the Saksida tourist farm
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms as well: Pri Lisjaku
in Spodnja Branica, Vižintin
in Zalošče, Pri Rjavčevih
in Šempas, Majerija
in Slap pri Vipavi and Slavček
in Potok pri Dornberku, by previous arrangement.
• Chosen local dishes and excellent wines are also available at the following osmicas: Ferjančič
in Gradišče pri Vipavi, Černigoj
in Lokavec near Ajdovščina andAndlovic
in Gradišče nad Vipavo, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy excellent wines as well as visit the cellars of the following winemakers along the Vipava Wine road: Vinogradništvo Lisjak in Zalošče pri Dornberku, Žorž wine cellar
in Slap, Andlovic
winery in Gradišče,Arkade
in Črniče, Stegovec winery in Brje, Vinogradništvo Batič in Šempas, Lemut Winery - Tilia Wine Cellar
in Potoče near Dobravlje, Mansus-Makovec
winery in Brje, Vinogradništvo Mlečnik in Bukovica, Saksida winery
in Zalošče and Ušaj winery in Črniče, as well on the Orel farm in Šmarje na Vipavskem, by previous arrangement.
• We recommend a visit to VINOTEKA VIPAVA in Vipava, where you can taste and buy chosen wines; their wine cellar offers 150 wines made by renowned Vipava winemakers and indigenous Vipava wine varieties pinela, zelen and klarnica. (Info: +386 5 368 70 41, cell phone: +386 51 215 226, e-mail: ).
• You can buy seasonal fruit (peaches, cherries, apricots, persimmon, chestnuts) and visit the orchards of the following fruit farms: Lisjak in Zalošče pri Dornberku, Koron in Brje, Črv in Velike Žablje, Ušaj in Črniče and Vinčk in Brje, by previous arrangement.
• You can visit the organic farm Pri Ježevih in Slap and buy their organically grown products (seasonal fruit and vegetables, grains), by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy cheese and cottage cheese made from sheep’s milk and take a tour of the Orel farm in Šmarje na Vipavskem, by previous arrangement.
• Take the opportunity to visit the beehives and taste and buy honey and honey-based products in Čebelarstvo Lisjak in Vrtovče and Cernatič in Šempas, by previous arrangement.
• “Braniška kvatrnica” in Branik, end of August
“Braniška kvatrnica” is a local festival is based on the cultural and ethnological heritage of Branik, where you can also taste typical Vipava dishes and wines from the local winemakers.
• The flavors of Vipava – A festival of wine and culinary delights in the Zemono mansion, May
• “Plutovina – plutovino”, Open house day in wine cellars in Vrhpolje, last weekend in August; winemakers of Vrhpolje open wide the doors of their wine cellars offering wine lovers an opportunity to taste new and vintage wines.
(Contact person: Aleš Škrlj, cell phone: +386 41 771 430 or e-mail: )