• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Škerlj
in Tomaj, Petelin-Durcik
in Pliskovica, Abram-Žerjal
in Sveto and Pri Tavčarjevih
in Hruševica, where you can taste delicious local dishes and excellent wines, by previous arrangement.
• Accommodation in apartments and rooms on tourist farm Budni
in Vojščica, where you can taste delicious Karst wines, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes and excellent wines on the following excursion farms as well: Ostrouška
in Coljava and Oru
in Avber, by previous arrangement.
• Chosen local dishes and excellent wines are also available at the following osmicas: Pri Škrkovih
in Gradnje and Pri Tonhu in Vrabče, Rebula
in Brestovica near Komen, Kosmina in Brje near Komen and Abram
in Sveto near Komen, by previous arrangement.
• Excellent regional dishes and wines are also offered at the following restaurants: Skok
in Štorje, Pri Hribu
in Povir near Sežana, Grgič
in Sežana, Tomaj
in Tomaj, Ravbar
in Dol pri Vogljah, Tabor
in Vojščica and Pri mlinu in Dolenja vas, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy top-quality wines as well as visit the cellars of the following winemakers along the Karst Wine Road: Orel
wine cellar in Avber, Sanabor farm
in Ravnje, Vinogradništvo Vrabec
in Pliskovica, Vinogradništvo Širca- Pri Kovačevih
in Pliskovica, Vinogradništvo Škerlj
(Boris Škerlj) in Tomaj, Vinogradništvo Pri Starčih
in Križ, Vinogradništvo Štok
, Vinogradništvo Lisjak
and Vinogradništvo Renčel
in Dutovlje, Vinogradništvo Colja
in Coljava and Vinogradništvo Čotar
in Gorjansko, by previous arrangement.
• You can taste and buy delicious kraški pršut (Karst prosciutto) and other Karst meat products, by previous arrangement, in the oldest ham-drying facility in Slovenia: Pršutarna Lokev na Krasu
, where the tradition of making traditional meat products is passed from generation to generation.
• See the organic breeding of goats and sheep on Božeglav farm in Štorje
, where you can taste and buy different kinds of sheep’s milk cheese, by previous arrangement.
• Take the opportunity to visit the beehives and taste and buy honey and honey-based products in: Čebelarstvo Ivan Atelšek in Povirje, Čebelarstvo Evgen Štok in Povirje, Čebelarstvo Petelin
in Pliskovica and Čebelarstvo Jožef Švagelj in Štanjel, by previous arrangement.
• You can also play golf on Golf Course Lipica
, located in the typical Karst countryside. Due to mild Mediterranean climate, it is the only golf course in Slovenia that is open all year.
• Explore the Karst countryside by riding in a horse-drawn carriage; rides are organized by tourist farm Budni
in Vojščica, by previous arrangement.
• Visit the typical Karst village of Pliskovica and the typical Karst house Pr' Slamčevih
in Pliskovica, an important cultural monument. The house, which is around 300-400 years old, has been converted into Youth Hostel Pliskovica
; you can visit the living quarters and the barn.
• Teran and pršut (prosciutto) festival in Dutovlje, August
• Karst herbs and gastromony fair, September
For more information about the tourist offer of the Karst contact TIC Sežana
(Sežana Tourist Information Center).