On the outskirts of Ljubljana there is a quiet valley, surrounded by hills, where you can relax, enjoy the nature and taste and buy delicious local products.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the tourist farm Pri Lazarju
in Podgrad, where you can taste delicious local dishes; by previous arrangement.
• Excellent local dishes are also available on the excursion farm Kamnikar in Mali vrh near Ljubljana, by previous arrangement.
• You can buy seasonal agricultural products on the following farms along the Fruit Road: Marolt in Vnajnarje (strawberries, cherries, apples and apple juice) and Pikovc in Tuji Grm (honey, brandy, liqueurs, blueberries and mushrooms), by previous arrangement.
• You can visit numerous natural and cultural sights in the eastern part of Ljubljana: the confluence of three rivers (Ljubljanica
and Kamnika Bistrica
), the waterfalls in Preganje, the old castle on Ostri vrh, the remains of old mills in the valley of Besnica, the church of St. Ahac (Acacius) and St.Lenart (Leonard), the Robnik blacksmith’s workshop and the archeological sites in Dove – remains of a Roman villa rustica.
• You can also rent picnic space and enjoy a picnic on the tourist farm Pri lazarju
in Podgrad, by previous arrangement.
• There are numerous hiking possibilities on the European Hiking Trail E7 and on various marked theme paths: Blueberry path, Chestnut path, Strawberry path or Forest educational path Mali Vrh.
• Visit St. Nicholas Church in Jane, St. Mary’s church in Preganje and the Church of the Holy Cross in Trebeljevo.
- Strawberry Sunday in Jane, 2nd and 3rd Sunday in June
- Blueberry festival in June, Mali Lipoglav
- Strawberry Sunday in enjice, June
- Farmers’ Festival, 1st Sunday in June
- Chestnut Sunday in enjice, October
- Chestnut Sunday in Jane, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sunday in October.
- Autumn Goodies in Zadvor, October