Address: Mirna 8233 Mirna
Phone: ++385 7 304 70 73
This church stands on a slightly elevated terrace in the old part of Mirna. The original church was mentioned in the 13th century. In 1498, it was rebuilt in the Gothic style. The church is famous primarily for its architecture and frescoes. The principal features of the church include the stellar vaulting of the presbytery and the frescoes from the third quarter of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century that depict Jesus with the symbols of Evangelists and Mary with the Christ Child encircled by the saints Catherine, Dorothea, Barbara, and Margaret. Images of the church fathers are depicted on the concluding sections, and below the arches, angels with instruments, which are of great importance for further research into the history of music. The nave itself, which originally had a flat ceiling and was vaulted in the 15th century, is very beautiful.