Address: Spodnji trg 1 4220 Škofja Loka
Phone: ++386 4 512 43 00, ++386 41 355 959
It is one of the most respectable antiques in the town
In former shape it existed already before the earthquake in 1511.
It was ordered to be completely renewed by the bishop Filip as it could be read on late Gothic renaissance modelled relief plate
sealed by the bishop's seal; it is built-in on the front of the Granary.
Beside the Castle the Granary was the most important building of the Landlords because in the Granary all of the natural taxes were kept.
It was managed by special bishop's official - the granary-man.
The Granary was then a part of the city walls.
Nowadays there is permanent gallery of famous academic painter France Mihelič
and in the basement there is an excellent restaurant, pizza house, tavern and winery.