Phone: ++386 4 588 11 03
Fax: ++386 4 588 11 03
According to tradition the church was built in the very earliest days of Kranjska Gora's history. It was built in honour of the Virgin Mary and was called the church of Mary at Beli prod. Only the bell tower, built from sandy blocks in Romanesque style remains from the original church.
The existing church dates back to the late Gothic period and was built in 1510 by master builder Jernej Firtaler from Villach. A certain Carinthian influence is evident mainly in the nave vault, which is supported by internal pillars and decorated with a web of ribs which makes it one of the most interesting of its kind in Slovenia.