Height above sea level
in the countryside
The village was named after heaps of stones that were left after cleaning
the common. On the western side of the village is a church of St. Martin
from 17th century with a very interesting painted wooden ceiling. It is the oldest branch of Vrablje. In 1717 a stone cross was placed in the centre of the village and shows the typical Karst tradition. An interesting sight is also the Kos’s stone home which is unfortunately in bad condition. The village has a well from 1910 and several kals and caves in its surroundings. The villagers are proud of their automatic bowling alley.
Automobiles : On the road Sežana-Senožeče turn left and go through Majcni towards Vrabče. When the road rises turn right for Griže.
GPS Northing (N) : 45,7557
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9437