Local cummunity Sela is a very young one, founded in 1998. The records reaching in the 19th century tell us that this settlement once belonged to the cummunity of St. Vitus near Ptuj (Sv. Vid pri Ptuju). School with three classes was founded in 1874. Sela is a wayside village on the left riverbank of Polskava. Inhabitants occupy themselves from old with viticulture, minority goes for work to bigger towns. Our children go to school in Sela (only first four classes) and then continue it in Videm
Now local cummunity Sela counts five villages: Sela, Barislovci, Trnovec, part of Popovci and just a part of Zg. Pristava. In 160 housekeepings live 522 people. River Poslkava is very rich in fish and attracts therefore many fishermen from elsewhere. Once there were also a mill and an oil mill. A small church of the Holy Family (originaly called Sv. Družina) is a small succursal church of St. Vitus ( Sv. Vid), sanctified in year 1904. A plague monument is found along the road from Ptuj toward Sela. This village is well known for its good restaurants, offering you delicious food, and for a traditional festival called "Anina nedelja" (meaning St. Anne´s Sunday). The cultural association is active here, preparing presentations together with the countrywomen club. In december children can hardly await meeting with Jack Frost, bringing them nice presents. Of cultural sightseeings we have to mention the Stainer´s chapel (˝Štajnerjeva kapela˝), build after the First World War, and the plague monument which bears witness that inhabitants of Sela could not get away from this disastrous disease.
For more information please visit us in Tic Haloze
or check our web page www.halo.si