Pruning of the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world
|Date:||07. 03. 2020 at 11:00|
41st Pruning of the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world
7 March 2020, 11.00
Tradition, Viticulture, and Friendship.
The pruning of the vine is one of the most important practices in the vineyard because it has a direct impact on the growth of the vine and the grape harvest. But pruning of the Old Vine is also a significant ceremonial event; on this occasion, the city of Maribor donates the scions of the Old Vine to its partner cities, communities and countries all over the world.
The pruning and ceremonial donation of scions are accompanied by a cultural-ethnographic programme and scions of the Old Vine's descendants will be for sale for the visitors of the event.
Recipiens of the Old Vine Scions 2019
1. The municipality Ravne na Koroškem
2. The municipality and parish Razkrižje
3. Harness club Ljutomer
4. Society of winegrowers Ribnica na Dolenjskem
1. The municipality Osijek, Croatia
2. National Park Inuyama by the Kiso river, Japan
3. Museum vineyard, Stetten im Remstal by Stuttgart, Germany
4. Szentgotthárd / Monotheter, Hungary