Salubrious autumn in Slovenia
Salubrious autumn in Slovenia
There are as many different experiences offered in Slovenian natural spas as there are shades of autumn. Now is the right time for a wellness retreat and soothing spa. Go biking, try out Nordic walking and combine sporting adventures with healthy gourmet indulgence. Refresh yourself with a glass of drinking water straight from the tap.
There are as many different experiences offered in Slovenian natural spas as there are shades of autumn. Now is the right time for a wellness retreat and soothing spa. Go biking, try out Nordic walking and combine sporting adventures with healthy gourmet indulgence. Refresh yourself with a glass of drinking water straight from the tap. Opportunities are available at almost every turn in Slovenia. From the centre part of this green country, you are invited to enjoy pampering between the wine hills and fields of the Dolenjska, Štajerska, and Pomurje regions.
The whole Slovenia of is intersected by water. Mineral and thermal springs are the most salubrious ones, and make you feel good from baths to inhalation therapy or a drink – thus embracing all senses. Close to 100 natural thermal springs with water temperatures ranging from 32 to 73 degrees Celsius and 14 natural spas represent one of the greatest tourist attractions in the country.
The natural environment, tradition, and modern medical knowledge are key to wellbeing in Slovenia. Slovenian natural spas are renowned for their thermal and mineral waters and other natural health remedies. Health resorts are located in the heart of green nature, intertwined by walking and cycling trails. Take a bike and venture along its trails or take poles and experience the positive effects of Nordic walking. Refresh yourself after your workout with a glass of drinking water straight from the tap. In Slovenia, drinking water is available at almost every turn. Just like great cuisine with fine wines.
At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Basin, the Alps and the Balkans, Slovenian cuisine is comprised of 24 culinary regions. Discover them all with the help of Flavours of Slovenia. Just like beads on a string, 14 wine-growing districts are lined from south-west to north-east of Slovenia. Wine cellars and wine roads are just a stone`s throw away from thermal mineral springs and Slovenian natural spas. There is nothing better than combining autumn pampering with culinary adventure and a glass of vintage wine.
Looking for ideas on how to spend your autumn retreat? 14 Slovenian natural spas invite you for pampering in the Pannonian plains, at the foot of the wine-growing hills and the majestic Alps, next to the river confluences and on the sunny Adriatic coast:
* Terme 3000 Moravske Toplice: salubrious black thermal mineral water represents the heart of the tourist offer in Terme 3000 spa. You can choose from a wide range of accommodation options (hotels, apartments, bungalows, camping), the attractive Thermalium wellness centre, golf or cycling trips along the peaceful Pannonian plains.
* Terme Ptuj: the spa resort in Ptuj, the oldest Slovenian city, is famous for health-improvement and wellness programmes as well as rejuvenation treatments. Nearby, the oldest wine cellar in Slovenia can be found, where you can always enjoy in gourmet pampering.
* Radenci Health Resort: one of the most well-known Slovenian spas is surrounded by mineral springs. It`s also the place where the Radenska mineral water springs from its source. In the near vicinity, the Terme Banovci spa is located, with its hotel and hotel village Zeleni gaj (“Green grove”) placed in the middle of pristine nature, far away from industrial centres. An excellent starting point for trips around Pomurje.
* Terme Lendava: this spa is known for its unique Lendava paraffin thermal water that differs from any other thermal water in this part of Europe. This smaller resort offers a pleasant retreat.
* Šmarješke Toplice: a health resort located in the middle of pristine nature with a number of starting points for hiking and renowned for its top-quality medical services. You can visit the local Vitarium Spa & Clinique centre with thermal pools and saunas, which also offers body peels, wraps, massages, and relaxation baths.
* Dolenjske Toplice: The Balnea Wellness centre is a world of refreshing baths, invigorating massages, nourishing saunas, and water pampering. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the modern Balnea hotel as well as the Vital and Kristal Hotels with a touch of history, offer countless opportunities for relaxation and active retreat.
* Talaso Strunjan: due to its exceptional location on the coast, at a pine grove in the centre of a landscape park, this natural coastal climate health resort indulges its guests with thalassotherapy programmes. Wellness programmes are closely connected to nature in the Salia thalassotherapy centre.
* Rogaška Health Resort: Rogaška Slatina is a traditional health resort town with a 400-year history. The town lives and beats in the spirit of health and the unique Donat Mg mineral water.
* Terme Olimia Podčetrtek: complete selection of wellness services enthrals guests at the prestigious Orhidelia centre. Excellent medical programmes, water experiences, pampering in the world of saunas, recreation options, fresh air and tranquillity contribute to improving well-being and health.
* Terme Dobrna: the oldest operational Slovenian thermal spa boasts more than 600 years of tradition. An attractive modern offer in the middle of the health resort park with numerous possibilities for active exploration of the surrounding area includes visits to nearby tourist farms.
* Terme Topolšica: this health resort invites you to the heart of pristine nature. Accommodation is possible in two hotels and new apartment houses. The hotel is connected to the Zala Wellness Centre, a proper oasis of peace and relaxation.
* Thermana Laško: the stimulating energy of Laško`s centuries-old springs is combined with the local tradition of brewing and beekeeping. Have you ever tried a beer or honey bath?
* Terme Zreče: the spa situated at the bottom of the Maribor Pohorje Hills uses acratothermal water, nurturing baths and Pohorje peat wraps to improve their guests` health and well-being.
* Terme Čatež: a health resort placed at the foot of the forested and wine-bearing Gorjanci hills in the Dolenjska region is known and recognized as a “Thermal paradise 365 days a year”. The resort attracts a lot of families due to its winter and summer riviera.