On a hill above the village Cerovo stands the medieval church of Saint Nicholas, built in the 15th century. Somewhat later, the villagers built a wall around it to defend themselves against the Turks, coming from the South to raid the country. Thus the defensive »tabor« or encampment was built and it is one of the few »Tabor« churches still preserved in Slovenia. After its renovation it has become a real lesson in history and can definitely be counted among the most important historical monuments in Slovenia.
GPS Northing (N) : 49,1959
GPS Easting (E) : 8,2501