: Ljubljanska 54 3320 VelenjePhone
: ++386 3 898 26 30, ++386 41 398 156Fax
: ++386 3 898 26 40e-mail
Velenje Castle is one of the best-preserved castles in Slovenia. Special feature:
It houses a museum with ten permanent museum and gallery collections as well as periodical exhibitions. The František Foit Collection of African Art, the Gorenje collection of modern Slovene Art, the History of the Šaleška dolina v
Valley in the Middle Ages, the Mastodon remains, and the reconstructed old general store and gostilna are especially interesting.
The Museum is open from 10:00 to 18:00 from Tuesday to Sunday and by special arrangement.
The Castle is home to the Velenje Museum.
At the Velenje Museum you can view 11 museum and gallery collections:
- collection of the remains of a mastodon
- František Floit's collection of African art
- collection ''When Velenje Became a Town''
- collection Šalek Valley between the 10th and 17th centuries
- collection of Baroque art from the Sv. Jurij church in Škale
- collection the Šalek Valley 1941 – 1945
- collection of contemporary Slovenian art – Gorenje
- Lojze Perko's gallery of works by Lojze Perko
- reconstruction of an old store
- reconstruction of an old gostilna (inn)
- sculptor Ciril Cesar's collection
The František Foit collection of African Art is the only collection of its kind in Slovenia.
Tel. : ++386 3 896 18 60
Fax : ++386 3 896 18 75
Web site : www.velenje-tourism.si
guided tourindividualGPS Northing (N)
: 46,3568 GPS Easting (E)
: 15,11 Notice of discounts
: European Youth Card:
- 0,50 € off entance ticket