• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Logar
in Žerovnica near Grahovo, Žigon
in Grčarevec near Logatec, Hudičevc
in Razdrto near Hruševje, Dolenčevi
in Sajevče near Hruševje, Pri Andrejevih
in Narin near Pivka, Na meji
in Trnje near Pivka and Francinovi-Volkovi
, where you can taste delicious local dishes.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms: Levar
in Dolenje jezero near Cerknica, Pri Cunarju
in Jurišče near Pivka and Kontrabantar in Dolenja vas near Cerknica.
• There are numerous possibilities for cycling around the Cerknica Lake and Rakov Škocjan Canyon
and in the Valley of the Pivka Lakes
and seeing the natural and cultural sights along the way.
• Visit the museum of agricultural tools on the Hudičevc tourist farm
in Razdrto near Hruševje.
• You can also visit the organic farm Kandare in Dane near Stari trg pri Ložu, which offers visitors educational programs for schoolchildren, rides in the traditional lojternik cart or sleigh, riding in the nature and organized trips on horseback; by previous arrangement.
• You can also enjoy horseback riding in the Equestrian and holiday center in Prestranek Castle
, which offers riding lessons, dressage lessons and jumping lessons.
• Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the world-famous Postojna Cave
, Slovenia’s biggest natural attraction, or the Križna Jama Cave
in Bloška polica.
• Visit Predjama Castle
in Predjama near Postojna, and learn the famous legend of the bold mediaeval knight Erazem (Erasmus) of Predjama.
• VisitLake Cerknica
, the world famous intermittent lake, where you can see numerous natural phenomena and diverse flora and fauna.
• Visit St. Jacob’s Church in Narin.
• Visit the Military History Park
in Pivka and see its museum collection consisting of valuable examples of heavy weapons.
• See the underground world of two caves: Pivka cave and the Black Cave
- Shepherds' Games
- Carters’ Festival in Postojna
- Erasmus Mediaeval Tournament