The origins of the church and the monastery stretch back to the end of the 15th century, and the church was rebuilt during the Baroque period. The remains of the old church are no longer visible; only the bell tower remains in its original place. The new Baroque furnishings were manufactured by the Franciscan order?s workshop in Kamnik and in addition a statuary workshop was also active in the monastery itself. The present altar with St. Jacob in the main niche is from the end of the 19th century, and the paintings in the church date to the 1940?s.
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2263
GPS Easting (E) : 14,6111