The Polhov Gradec Dolomites
landscape park offers rolling hills and a scenic landscape dotted with numerous hilltops: Polhograjska Gora or St. Lawrence Hill (824 m), the broad-shouldered Pasja ravan (1019 m) and the lush Tošč (1021 m). Also charming are small churches, numerous hamlets with secluded farms, spectacular views and warm, friendly people.
• Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the tourist farm Lavrič
in Dornice near Vodice, where you can taste delicious local dishes.
• You can taste chosen regional dishes on the following excursion farms: Pri Mehačku
in Setnica near Polhov Grad, Pri Bitencu
in Briše near Polhov Gradec or in the restaurant Podgrajski dom
in Polhov Gradec.
• You can also go cycling on marked trails in the Polhov Gradec Dolomites.
• There are numerous hiking possibilities on the marked circular trails around Polhov Gradec: you can go to Grmada (899 m), Tošč
(1021 m), Ključ
(623 m), or Lovrec (824 m); on the way you can take a break on excursion tourist farms: Pri Ogrincu in Selo, Pri Mehačku
in Setnica and Pri Bitencu
• You can go hunting in the woods around Polhov Gradec, where there are numerous hunting grounds for roe dead and boar.
• If you like fishing, in the rivers Gradaščica and Horjulščica you can catch trout, chub, grayling and many other species.
- Days of Honey
- Lovrenc Day
- Salami Festival