Tourist Information Center:RIC Bela krajina - TIC Črnomelj
Trg svobode 3, Črnomelj
++386 7 305 65 30
The colossal fortress located on the steep rock above the river Kolpa was built in 1557 by Captain Ivan Lenkovič from Žužemberg, and it served as a successful defence against the Turks. During the Second World War the fortress was burned down, however, the Late Gothic front gate is definitely worth a visit.