in the countryside
Average summer temperature:20 °C
Average winter temperature:-2,5 °C
Lucova is a little village forming part of the local administrative community of Šulinci in the municipality of Gornji Petrovci, in the furthest NE corner of Slovenia. It lies on the Merak stream between the villages of Šulinci and Adrijanci. The bell tower in the village cemetery was erected and dedicated on 17 October 1926. The bell, which cost 24,000 dinars, had been purchased two years earlier by the parishioners with the help of relatives in America. The village sawmill was built in 1971 on site of an earlier sawmill, which burnt down. The first sawmill was built by Jožef Balek in 1931. The village has a volunteer fire brigade and a sports club.