Lemerje is a village lying more or less on the dividing line between Ravensko and Goričko, along the local road linking Černelavci and Grad. The majority of the houses are on the main road, while the others are scattered over three hills. The old names for these hill areas are Jurjev Breg, Fujsov Breg and Logarova Hiša. Today the village of Lemerje has around 230 inhabitants and approximately 90 houses. Most of the villagers are involved in farming (crops and livestock), while quite a number are employed elsewhere. Both Protestants and Catholics live in the village. A Protestant chapel stands in the centre of the village, by the Grad turning. The Catholic chapel is in Bencikov Breg. The fire station/community centre is located between the two chapels. Construction of the fire station began in 1957 at the initiative of the villagers themselves. Work was completed by the end of the following year with the help of voluntary work by the villagers, contributions and the profits from the "Borovo Gostüvanje" carnival event held in 1956. The village has a number of small businesses including two pubs, two car repair workshops, a plumber and a general store. At the entrance to the village (viewed from the Brezovci direction) is a building belonging to the Rakičan agricultural holding. The village has an active and well-supported volunteer fire brigade. Its members are active in various fields and also make sure that the fire station/community centre is in good order. The fire brigade is twinned with the Slovenska Vas volunteer fire brigade in Hungary. Some years ago a fire engine was donated to this brigade, with the result that the two organisations today enjoy genuine contacts. A five-a-side football club, with a pitch close to the fire station/community centre, was founded nearly 10 years ago.