- Accommodation with half-board or lunch/dinner on the following tourist farms: Jelinčič
in Soča, Pri Plajerju
in Trenta, Pri Arnejčku in Koseč near Kobarid, Pri Lovrču
in Čadrg near Tolmin and Široko
in Tolminski Lom, where you can taste delicious local dishes; by previous arrangement.
- Accommodation in apartments on the tourist farm Pri Kafolu in Prapetno near Tolmin; by previous arrangement.
- Excellent local dishes are also available at the restaurant Hiša Franko
- You can taste and buy different types of cheese and cottage cheese and visit the following dairies: Kavčič and Kramar in Zatolmin, Bončina in Čadrg and Mohorič (sheep's milk cheese, Sirarna Krn) in Vrsno near Kobarid; by previous arrangement.
- You can also visit the village dairy in Čadrg; by previous arrangement.
- Visit the organic farmer's market in Tolmin, where you can buy organically grown products.
- Those of you who enjoy horses and riding can go to Trnovo ob Soči, where you can take riding lessons and go on a short ride in nature; by previous arrangement.
- Take a walk along the marked Trail of Peace in the Upper Soča Valley
, dedicated to the memory of victims of World War I; the trail is divided into several sections of different length and difficulty.
- Visit the black kitchen in Robidišče near Breginj, an ethnological monument representing the way people lived 150 years ago.
- See the Breginj Museum
, an important architectural and ethnologic site.
- Visit the Kobarid Museum
of the Soča/Isonzo Front.
- See the Kozjak Waterfalls
near the village of Drežnica.
- Visit the birth house of the poet Simon Gregorčič
in the village of Vrsno near Kobarid, which is also a unique ethnological site. The house also hosts an exhibition of the poet’s personal items.
- See the region’s rich ethnological and archeological heritage in the Tolmin Museum
- There are numerous cycling possibilities, for recreational and more experienced cyclists, on marked circular trails: to Matajur
, along the Nadiža river
, along the Soča river
, to Breginjski kot
, to Stol.
- Mountain lovers can go hiking on numerous marked hiking trails to the Tolminka Chutes
, the spring of Tolminka River
on mountain pastures Pod Osojnico, to Matajur
where you can also try delicious curdled milk. You can find excellent skuta (cottage cheese) and tasty hotpots on the mountain pastures on Razor
and Božica; the mountain pastures on Božica are accessible by bike or by car by a dirt road.
• The mountains Kobariški Stol
, Kuk above Livek and Kobala above Tolmin are, due to favorable air currents and conditions, popular take-off points for many paragliders from all over Europe.
• You can join tandem paragliding flights or enjoy mountaineering and hiking adventures organized by Društvo adrenalin Kobarid.
- From April to October the Soča River and other, smaller rivers (Tolminka, Bača, Koritnica)
offer excellent opportunities for angling – why not try fly-fishing on the most beautiful waters in Europe?