The Slovenia Partisan Printworks are located on a steep wooded slope above the edge of Vojsko Plateau above Ogalce and the hill Štangl. The first barracks for the printworks were built in the summer of 1944 by the powerful source of a stream that flows into the Kanomljica Valley. All the cabins and fittings were hewed in Gačnik, where the cabins were assembled. The beams and boards were numbered and the barracks were taken apart and transported to the chosen place, where they were put back together. First the engine house was built, then the kitchen with a dining room, and then followed the printing area, bindery and the electric generator. Despite the offensives of the occupation in the area of Vojsko, Šebrelja and Kanomlja, the barracks were never discovered.
The printworks began operating on 17th September 1944, when they received the first manuscript. 4000 copies were printed all through the night and into the next day on a large high-speed printing machine brought from Milan. Besides this large one they also had a smaller TIGL printing machine. During the occupation, the Slovenia Printworks was the largest and best equipped partisan printworks in the Primorska area. Around 40-50 people were working in it. It was in operation all the way until 1st May 1945. In less than eight months of operation, 313 prints were printed on 1247 pages, in 1,394,311 copies.
The printworks has been open to the public since May 1947. It is one of the best-preserved buildings from that period as it is still equipped and all the machines still operate.
Teléfono : ++386 5 372 66 00
Fax : ++386 5 377 35 80
Página de Internet : www.muzej-idrija-cerkno.si
guiadoindividualGPS Northing (N)
: 46,0389 GPS Easting (E)
: 13,9046 Observación descuentos
: European Youth Card:
0,40 € off ticket