Address: Pungert nn, 4000 Kranj
Somehow at the edge of the main traffic flow of the city at the tip of the promontory (the square Trubarjev trg) lays the tract of Pungert. The name itself tells us originating (from the German word Baumgarten - orchard) that this used to be the gardens of townsmen and maybe also a refuge for people from the surrounding areas at times of fire or other danger. Such sites can also be found in other medieval towns (e.g. Radovljica).
The only wholly preserved medieval defence tower dating back to the 16th century, preserved after later reconstructions and serving as the town’s dungeon (1832) and later, even for housing purposes stands on Pugert today.
In the immediate vicinity of the tower a Gothic rib-vaulted branch church was built during the plague in the 15th century and dedicated to the patrons against deadly disease, St. Fabian, St. Sebastian and St. Rok. The bell tower and the shed were added to the building in the 18th and 19th centuries respectively.