Address: Zg. Jezersko 104 4206 Zgornje Jezersko
The branch Church of St. Oswald was erected around 1320 with an ashlar, evenly covered nave and vaulted presbytery. On the exterior side of the presbytery there is a depiction of Christopher painted in several layers, the top being from the 16th century.
In the nave of the church there are fragments of frescos from the middle of the 14th century. The Last Judgement and the Adoration of the Magi are recognisable. The triumphal arch and the presbytery were painted in 1490 by a skilful painter from Carinthia. At the arch of the altar area the symbols of the Evangelists and angels with the tools of martyrdom are painted in the scheme of the Kranj presbytery. On the walls there are scenes of the suffering of Christ, the Eucharistic Christ and some other motifs, such as Cain and Abel's offering. The image of Christ was probably chiselled on the central keystone. The valuable Gothic altar statue of the church patron (1430) is kept in the National Gallery. The Baroque altar is even too large for rib vaulting in the presbytery.
Marjana Karničar - Košir
Tel. : ++386 4 2541 055
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,3955
GPS Easting (E) : 14,4902