Address: Krkavče, Krkavče, 6274 Šmarje
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel in the centre of the village is located on a large natural stone platform where a smaller church used to stand with a cemetery next to it.
The church was consecrated in 1633 by the Bishop of Koper Pietro Morari. According to the description provided by Bishop Paolo Naldini in 1700, the church had several altars, with the high altar being dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel and the side altars to St. John and St. Paul. Inside the church, next to the wonderfully elaborate tabernacle, are statues of Michael and St. Stephen the First Martyr, while there are statues of St. Peter and St. Paul along the sides. There is an interesting picture depicting the Council of Trent in the vestry that was painted in 1776 by the Venetian painter Bartolomeo Bossi. The works Nativity of Jesus and Circumcision date from the 17th century. Above the altar is the work of Bartolomeo Gianelli, a painter from Koper, entitled Adoration of the Magi (1855). There is also the memorial plaque from 1738 when the church was rebuilt on the initiative of priest Štefan Umer and a memorial plaque from 1749 in the choir when Giovanni Batista Sandi, the Bishop of Koper, consecrated the church. The bell tower (26.22 m) was built in 1741 on the original site of the defence tower. There were three other churches in the vicinity: the Church of St. Mauritius in the hamlet of the same name (Sv. Maver), the Church of St. Stephen the First Martyr in the Dragonja Valley and the Church of St. Stephen, Pope and Martyr in the cemetery. The first two churches no longer exist.