Address: Bolniška ulica 6330 Piran
On a narrow street in the medieval nucleus of the town, opposite the Minorite Monastery one can almost overlook the frontage of this smaller church from the year 1404. Behind the entrance hides a former private chapel with a nave with a pointed vault and a narrower later rebuilt presbytery, separated by a triumphal arch with a pointed arch. The altar is from the17th century. In the nave with later windows, there are stone benches by the walls and at the sides hang several paintings. On the triumphal arch wall there are two paintings depicting the Annunciation (1500) on both sides below the arch, and above them is a composed wooden image of the Crucifixion (around 1460) in tempera technique. There are almost no similar preserved paintings in Slovenia.
Later, oil paintings with Biblical images of Mary and Old Testament stories were hung in the same place, which were replaced when older images were found. Above the entrance hangs a painting of St. Mary of the Snows (17th century) with a scene of the miracle of August snow in Rome which brings to mind the name of the church.
Župnijski urad Piran
Ulica IX. korpusa 25
Tel. : ++386 5 673 34 40
Web site : http://zupnije.rkc.si/piran/
GPS Northing (N) : 45,5289
GPS Easting (E) : 13,57