CHURCH OF ST. JACOB – The village’s patron is St. Jacob (25th July) and for this reason Ledinians solemnly celebrate Jacob’s Sunday every year. The church of St. Jacob was officially mentioned already in 1540, yet it was given its present form after construction work in 1666; the great Slovenian painter Janez Šubic created the precious altar painting of the patron saint.
In the ecclesiastical aspect, Ledine has for long centuries belonged to the Žiri parish. Only in 1864 did the village succeed to institute a parish of their own, which was lately, after 130 years of existence, suddenly left without a priest, so that it has to be administered by a cleric from Spodnja Idrija. Since ancient times, and in accordance with long-established tradition, Ledina’s inhabitants faithfully take themselves on a pilgrimage to Virgin Mary on the Rock (Marija na Skalci) in Spodnja Idrija every year. In the year 1840, hail had ravaged their fields seven times, and in that time they made a solemn vow to regularly ask for intercession from the Parish’s patroness. At the edge of the Šnit meadow, by tracks that were beaten through their landscapes since time immemorial, there stands an ancient religious landmark, and below the Žorgovše farm near Pečniški mills one may find the exemplarily restored and sizeable Mary’s Chapel.
Tel. : ++386 5 374 39 16
Fax : ++386 5 374 39 15
Web site : www.idrija-turizem.si, www.visit-idrija.si
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,042
GPS Easting (E) : 14,0558