The church is a typical example of Karst Renaissance, which gave emphasis mainly on stonemason details. It is located outside the village Lozice
, in the west. A fence with two pilastered entrances was built around the church.
The entrance on the west side was made in 1770 and is a rather quality stonemason product. The church is oriented east. A triangular presbytery, a wider and higher rectangular nave and an Aquilea style bell tower, which was built in 1717, follow one another. The side chapel is situated on the south side of the nave walls, the vestry on the south side of the presbytery.
The building is covered with stone plates. Inside the church there is a Baroque organ loft. The nave ceiling is enriched with a stuccoed frame, the walls of the nave have shallow arches and there is a side chapel.
A Rococo altar with a quality oil painting of St. Mary of Compassion and wooden statues in the side chapel is one of the objects worth mentioning.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Fax : +386 5 368 70 41
Web site : www.vipavska-dolina.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,7809
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9988