Address: Gregorčičeva ulica 21 6310 Izola
The church dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria stands at Gregorčič Street near the former Italian elementary school.
The church was constructed in the late 19th century. It is believed that a Minorite monastery was situated at the exact same location as the church of St. Catherine already in the 6th century, while in 1152 there was a Benedictine hospice, followed by the convent of St. Catherine, and later on a Servite monastery. The interior was decorated with paintings in 1937 by Luciano Bartoli.
Tourist information office Izola
Sončno nabrežje 4
Tel. : 00386 5 640 10 50
Fax : 00386 5 640 10 52
Web site : www.izola.eu
GPS Northing (N) : 45,5386
GPS Easting (E) : 13,6598