Chapel of the Holy Sepulchure
One of the biggest treasure of Franciscan monastery and the church of St. Jacob is Chapel of the Holy Sepulchure.
The plans for the Chapel of the Holy Sepulchre were made in 1952 by the arhitect Jožef Plečnik. As in all his works it is full of symbolis. The overarching idea is a tent. The ceilling is decorated with a vine, symbol of Jezus Christ. The metallic light fixtures on the walls and ceilling represent stars in the sky. The tabrnacleis made of one piece of marble from Podpeč and represents Jesus Christ's tomb carved in the rocks.
The door handles are in the form of a heavently dove whose shape is liken to the Christogram IHS.
Kamnik Turist and Sport Agency
Tel. : ++386 1 831 82 50
Tel. 2 : ++386 31 388 324
Web site : http://www.kamnik-tourism.si/
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2263
GPS Easting (E) : 14,6111