Velika planina, 1242 Stahovica
Chapel of Mary of the Snows stands on Velika planina.
Sat above the herdsman's settlement like a protective mother, the first incarnation of tje chapel of Mary of the Snows was built in 1939 in order to provide the herdsmen a venue for the holy mass. The first chapel was burnt down durring WWII. Only a painting of the Virgin Mary with Jezus survived, and this painting adorns the rebuilt (1988) chapel today.
The Mary of the Snows feast day in August 5th, and is the busiest day ofthe yearfor the settlement.
In summer time holy masses are every sunday at 14.00. On Avgust 5th is at 11.00.
Each Christmas, the magical midnight Mass attracts a crowd of people.
GPS Northing (N) : 46,2963
GPS Easting (E) : 14,6539