In 1938, a Munich firm completed the construction of this ossuary where 965 German soldiers are buried.
The cut stones for its construction were brought from Germany. At the entrance to the foyer is a door forged from gun barrels. The interior of the chapel is divided into two parts: in the first section the names of the fallen are inscribed on oak panels and in the second section, separated by a wrought iron screen, the names of the fallen are inscribed using mosaics in three lunettes.
The grave of the Unknown Soldier is at the center of this space where the sun strikes during the summer solstice.
It is located on the left bank of the Soča River close to Tolmin. From Tolmin, the road leads about one kilometer past the school and across the parking lot of the former casino.
The key is in the museum of Tolmin.
Petra Skalarja 4
tel.: ++386 5 380 04 80
fax: ++386 5 380 04 83
Tel. : +386 5 380 04 80
Fax : +386 5 380 04 83
Web site : www.dolina-soce.com
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,1752
GPS Easting (E) : 13,7324