The seminary palace behind the cathedral was built between 1708 and 1714 and its portal was the idea of the Ljubljana sculptor Luka Mislej. The two giants were carved in the workshop of Angelo Pozzo. The seminary library in this building was the first public library in Ljubljana and preserves a number of valuable manuscripts and printed works. It is also known for its beautiful furniture and vault frescos painted by Giulio Quaglio.
? vodnikov trg (vodnik square)
Vodnik Square was created after the earthquake of 1895 when the girl's grammar school and the school library were pulled down, to make room for the market. It was named after the monument to Valentin Vodnik, the Slovene poet, the work of sculptor Alojz Gangl. Opposite the monument, a footpath leads to the Castle Hill. Along the Ljubljanica, from Vodnik Square to the Triple Bridge stands Plečnik's famous Market, a long monumental building with colonnades.