Pegazove muze - The Muses of Pegasus - is a female vocal group from Rogaška Slatina (famous health resort), Slovenia, Europe. Their conductress is professor Mihaela Pihler.
More than fifteen girls and young women, in majority musically educated, started singing together in 2005.
The vocal group repertoire includes:
- Songs of Slovene composers from 19th and 20th century
- Slovenian folk songs
- Sacred and secular works from renaissance to present time
- Slovene and international choral arrangements of the popular songs
- Songs for various festive occasions (Christmas Carols, Weddings, etc.).
The group has concerts and shorter public appearances all over Slovenia. Their wish is to perform also abroad – on different choir festivals and competitions. They would also like to build contacts with choirs from all over the world. Achievements of the vocal group:
- Slovene regional competition for adult choirs - "Od Celja do Koroške" (From Celje to Carinthia), November 2006
- A silver diploma for programme performance
- Award for the best Female Choir of the competition
“Večer pod grškimi stebri” (“Evening under the Greek columns”) – Greek mythology brought to modern times (Cultural centre Rogaska Slatina, April 2007)-
“Muze in trubadurji” (Muses and troubadours”) – a concert with guest male vocal group “Goldinarji” from Postojna (Mansion Strmol, May 2007)-
Charity concert dedicated to the victims of the 18th September floods in Slovenia– with guests – Slovenski oktet (Cultural centre Rogaska Slatina,October 2007)-
“Božična harmonija” (Christmas harmony” – performance with Christmas carols, Santa Clause and organ musicians (Cultural centre Rogaska Slatina, December 2008)-
First CD – Pegazove muze (April 2009)
More than twenty different larger appearances in Rogaška Slatina and Slovenia (Piran, Maribor, Celje, Slovenske Konjice, Postojna, Radeče, Razbor, Rogatec, Štanjel, etc.). GPS Northing (N)
: 46,2308 GPS Easting (E)