Address: Vipava park 5271 Vipava
After he had finished the extension of the New castle in 1702, Count Lanthieri started to lay out the castle park. The entrance gate, composed of 4 wrought iron leaves, faced the portal of the castle. Today it is renovated and situated in the same place as the old one.
The gate to the park was once guarded by two seated stone lions, one on each side of the gateway.
In the castle gardens, putti (stone sculptures portraying boys), which embellished the park’s interior, straddled the paths. These boys – putti- hold various objects, animals and crops in their hands. They illustrate things people had and activities they performed in that period.
At first the park was surrounded by a wall and iron wire mesh. By the park, the castle stables, which were pulled down in 1935, were located. At that time, in 1935, today's Main Square was built.
After the World War II, the stone sculptures of boys were placed on the edge of the square.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Fax : +386 5 368 70 41
Web site : www.vipavska-dolina.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8455
GPS Easting (E) : 13,963