The Hall of the First Slovene Government
On May 5, 1945, the first Slovene government after World War II was elected in Bratina Hall in Ajdovščina. The establishement of this governement is very important for people from Primorska region, because on that day Primorska region officially became a part of Slovenia.
The Bratina Hall, where the historic event took place, was in 1965 renovated and converted into a cinema - one of the many feats of an architect Svetozar Križaj, who was also from Ajdovščina. In the year 2005 the Ajdovščina Municipality renovated the Hall and renamed it to The Hall of the First Slovene Government. A memorial plaque and a huge photo of the first presidente os that government - Boris Kidrič - can be found in the hall.
Cesta IV. Prekomorske 61 A
Tel. : ++386 5 365 91 40
Web site : www.tic-ajdovscina.si, www.ajdovscina.si
Free of charge
Access for invalids
GPS Northing (N) : 45,888
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9046