The Chamber of Mountain Centres presented many novelties with which the Slovenian ski centres will begin the new 2011/2012 ski season. The introduction of the uniform SKI PASS SLOVENIA is especially exciting, because it enables carefree skiing and active recreation in the majority of Slovenian mountain centres.
Slovenia has long been a popular skiing destination known for its safe and diverse ski slopes, compared to the neighbouring traditional skiing countries. Many ski slopes are family-friendly and almost all are connected to the valley, not to mention the quality and tradition of ski schools. The skiing offer is complemented by the additional diverse winter offer – from cross-country skiing, sledging and skating to an attractive wellness offer.
Slovenian ski centres provide 300km of ski slopes and 280km of cross-country ski trails. Among the most famous ski centres are Kranjska Gora, which will be the venue of the Vitranc Cup on 10 and 11 March 2012, Mariborsko Pohorje, which will be the venue of the Golden Fox World Cup on 21 and 22 January 2012, and Rogla, the woods of which provide a true winter and sports atmosphere. There, too, the Cross-Country Skiing World Cup has been organised for several years in a row (this year it will be from 16 to 18 December 2011). In addition, over forty other mountain centres should not be overlooked – Krvavec, Kanin and Vogel are among the largest, along with many small centres, which attract thousands of skiers every year.
The Chamber of Mountain Centres has also pointed out the following novelties:
- Rogla has introduced the Ski Pass 99, which enables skiing during the entire season for only EUR 99, in addition to several technical improvements.
- Pohorje prepared a seasonal ski pass, which enables the use of ski facilities on Mariborsko, Areško and Ribiško Pohorje, Kope and Kranjska Gora, and 100 days of skiing, while in the summer months it may also be used for the facilities on Mariborsko Pohorje.
- This season, the Carinthian ski slope Kope has a new four-person `Pungart` lift and a new ski slope.
- On Golte, the artificial snow-making system has been expanded and modernised and the ski pass registration system upgraded. The centre’s most important gain is a new hotel and apartment settlement that opened at the beginning of the year.
- Kranjska Gora has upgraded and partially expanded its artificial snow-making system, renovated the sports ground for children, and put the main focus on interesting events for guests.
- On the highest lying ski slope, at Kanin Sella Nevea, a ski centre situated on the slopes of two countries, a single ski pass is enough to enjoy skiing on both the Italian and Slovenian sides.
- On the Cerkno ski slope, where most attention is paid to family skiing, the two main novelties are the extended snow park and the kindergarten on the snow.
- The Vogel ski slope in the heart of Triglav National Park has prepared new family ski passes.
- Stari vrh bought a new snow groomer, improved its hospitality offer and increased its accommodation capacity.
Many improvements have been made over the past years, mostly on infrastructure. This further increased the safety of Slovenian ski slopes, which were already in compliance with the highest European standards. With regard to the unforeseeable weather conditions, the ski lift operators will ensure a safe season full of snow to loyal visitors, using the artificial snow-making system. This year’s novelties also include numerous offers of ski schools, kindergartens, snow parks, special events, gastronomy and entertainment, as well as the previously mentioned uniform Ski Pass Slovenia, available as an individual seasonal ski pass, family ski pass or 6-day tourist ski pass. When you buy the pass, you automatically become a holder of the Active Slovenia advantage card, which entitles you to additional benefits in the summer months.
More information on the offer is available at www.activeslo.com, which is the main web platform for the presentation of active holidays in Slovenia, both in the winter and summer, or on the mountain centre websites.