Museum of electro-transmission Fala - Laško
In Slovenia as well as in the neighbouring countries, the town of Laško is -above all - known for the beer-brewing craft dating back to 1825 and curative thermal water springs which medical effects were already appreciated in the old Roman times and were also frequently visited by the Austro-Hungarian emperor Franz Josef I. Not many people know that the first electric-power producing device run by water was constructed in Laško Thermal Spa in 1885. Therefore, the first bulb flashed up in Laško and Spodnja Štajerska (Lower Syria) six years after the Edison's invention of the electric bulb to start the undreamed-off progress to mankind. Although, several individual production units were constructed on the territory of present Slovenia in the following decades, the electrification only became possible by the itroduction of bigger production objects and electro-transmission to remote places which took place in 1924, when the Fala d.d. company built-up the 77-km long 80 kV transmission line (DV) from HE Fala to the distribution station (RTP) 80/35 kV Laško and further DV 35 kV from RTP Laško to TE Trbovlje generating plant, which was the first transmission line in Slovenia and former Yugoslavia, and the analogous operation, however, also got on in larger volume. The first maintenance plant was established in RTP Laško as well. All these started the electro-transmission operation in Slovenia.
No clear evidence of the first Slovene electric-power producing device nor a photograph or some parts of the device has been preserved, but few humble written documents, which might have also been the practice with the remindings of the transmission development in Slovenija, however dilligent hands of transmission workers managed to save whatever old exhibit? through decades and the idea about creating a museum collection was born, of course, at the starting-point of the transmission history. It is not just the case for the museum to be situated in RTP 110/35 kV Laško, which was officially opened on October 8th, 2004 on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of transmission operations.
Information and reservation:
Telephone no.: +386 3 733 89 50
Trg svobode 8
Tel. : ++386 3 733 89 50
Web site : www.stik-lasko.si
GPS Northing (N) : 46,1692
GPS Easting (E) : 15,2339