Near the Church of St. Nicholas in the middle of the village Podbrdo there is a restored Jakovka’s house of respectable age and variegated past. Beside the tourist information office for the upper Baška grapa there is a permanent museum exhibition in it, which was opened in 2008 by the Tolmin Museum
The author of the exhibition: Karla Kofol
Design: Ana Hawlina
The exhibition is set in the former chamber, the small room and the kitchen of the house and it presents three decisive periods of the upper Baška grapa’s history. In the biggest room the settlement of this area in the 13th century, which was the result of the larger German colonization, is presented.
Interesting photographies about the construction of the Bohinj tunnel and the railway, which was finished in 1906 and had a strong influence on the lives of people in the villages in the valley, are exhibited in the small chamber.
In the last room the period between the two wars is presented; in that time Primorska region became a part of the Kingdom of Italy and those villages became highly protected and fortified border area.
Several movies, which speak about the life in the upper part of Baška grapa, are shown at the exhibition. In the second room it is possible to be driven by the Bohinj railway with the help of the computer presentation and to watch numerous photographies of villages and railway stations between Podbrdo and Nova Gorica.
In Jakovka’s house is also Tourist Information Centre.